<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Jewish Boxers Yuri Foreman and Dmitriy Salita Announce 2013 Fights 

Two top Jewish boxers have announced fights in the new year. Belarus-born rabbi-to-be Yuri Foreman, a former junior middleweight champion, will return to the ring on Jan. 23, after almost two years away from boxing, ESPN reports.

Foreman, who lives in Brookyln, will fight on Lou DiBella's Broadway Boxing card at BB Kings. His opponent has not yet been announced.

Dmitriy Salita, an Orthodox Jewish boxer, will be taking on Hector Camacho Jr. in a match in February at Brooklyn's new Barclays Center. Salita, who has a career 33-1-1 record, will be the opening act of a double-bill featuring Zab Judah, who  who will be taking on current junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia.

Salita won't be far from home, as he grew up only a few neighborhoods away from the Barclays Center, in Flatbush. In a press release, Salita said: "I am happy and grateful that Golden Boy is giving me this opportunity. I want good, significant fights. Camacho is a talented fighter and I expect for him to come prepared. I am excited about February 9 fight card at Barclays! This will be my 6th camp in Detroit; I look forward to getting great sparring and continuing my preparation in that great competitive environment."

Until the fight Salita will be in Detroit training.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/12/31/jewish-boxers-yuri-foreman-and-dmitriy-salita-announce-2013-fights/

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-