<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hikind to support Paterson in Governor re-election 

Joining the ranks of other stalwart supporters like former State Comptroller H. Carl McCall, Assemblyman Dov Hikind (D-Brooklyn) has indicated that he intends to support Governor Paterson should the Governor decide to seek re-election in 2010.

“Governor Paterson has long been a friend to me and to the community I represent. More than that, I truly believe that David is capable of leading New York State in the right direction,” said Hikind. “There is no question that he has had a difficult first year, but all transitions are hard. I believe the Governor is entitled to the benefit of the doubt, and more importantly, he is due respect from his colleagues.”

Hikind continued, “The Governor has worked under extremely trying circumstances, and I am confident he will continue to work to resolve this state’s most challenging issues. I look forward to supporting his candidacy if he chooses to run for re-election in 2010.”

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-