<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 11, 2010

Out of the Inbox - Lady from Rebbe Yeshiva children neglect responds 



The following was sent in by the author of the letter about the rebbe that left the children from his class alone at the playground.


During the past week since I sent in my original letter I had some time to think about the situation and reevaluate my actions. I've been reading all the comments here and want to respond to some of them.

To those that say I should have reported the rebbe, you're probably right. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I watched the children while he was away and posted my experience in the hopes that the yeshivah would see it and and make some serious changes.

I also want to clarify that I am not just merely sitting idly by while this happens. I want to take this opportunity say that I will be visiting this yeshivah from now on a regular basis during their lunch recess and I will video tape any neglect that I see.

I am using this venue as a warning to this yeshiva (they know very well who they are) that if they do not stop this dangerous practice right away the videos that I take and the yeshiva information will be posted. I will be doing follow-up visits for the next couple of months just to make sure that this does not happen again.

I am begging this yeshivah, please take this warning and the children left in your care very seriously. Once the video is taken and released it will be too late to yell chillul hashem. It will only be your own fault then. Please protect your children and do not leave them alone on the street.

Comments:
"To those that say I should have reported the rebbe, you're probably right. I just couldn't bring myself to do it."
I previously wrote you should have reported the Rebbe. I'm taking a step back. You should have reported it to the Principal of the Yeshiva first and see his reaction and take it from there. I'm against posting videos this should be your last resort. Maybe this principal dosn't read this Blog and he'll never know that there is a problem. I hope this dosn't happen again it not an isolated incident.

 

You also need to research the legal implications of filming children and especially of posting the videos. Consult legal counsel before anything.

 

Atta girl, that's more like it!

 

Why do you not just call them and speak to an administrator of the school.You could be doing all the writing and videoing that you like,but, if the administration is unaware of what is going on, nothing will happen in terms of improvement.

 

That's the problem! The yeshiva has no idea what's going on and therefore does not take responsibility for the children in their care!

 

Nobody says that videos should be aired, but certainly they can be used as proof.

 

You should have called the police. the rebbe and the principal should be arrested. Chillul Hashem should not be part of the cheshbon and should not be the motivating factor of the yeshiva to protect the children.

 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-