<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 29, 2013

Driver charged in deadly hit-and-run: 'Accidents happen' 

The hit-and-run ex-con charged with mowing down a young Orthodox Jewish couple in New York last month, killing them and their unborn child, said "accidents happen," in his first remarks about that death-filled day.

 Julio Acevedo, 44, told WABC in a jailhouse interview he was deeply sorry, but insisted he was not speeding down a Brooklyn street, as alleged -- and that the cabbie ferrying Nachman Glauber and his pregnant wife Raizy Glauber on March 3 ran a stop sign and thus deserves an equal measure of fault in the tragedy.

 "I can't bring 'em back; it was an accident," Julio Acevedo reportedly said, "I apologize deeply."
 
"I'm made out to be the monster in all this . . . Sure I played a part. I couldn't stop. Accidents happen. I'm sad. It was a tragedy. Let's ask the cab driver why did he run the stop sign."

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/us-news/item/430083-driver-charged-in-deadly-hit-and-run-accidents-happen

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-