<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Two young men are caught on camera punching a Hasidic Jewish man on a Brooklyn street in 'hate crime' 

Foli says the two men circled the block and he believes he was singled out because he is Jewish. Police are investigating the case as a possible hate crime

Surveillance cameras caught two young men attacking a Jewish man unprovoked as he operated a forklift on a Brooklyn street.

Foli Spritzer, 35, transferring pallets of cleaning supplies outside a A1 Paper Goods store around 5.30pm on Thursday when the attack happened.

Two young suspects approached Foli and asked him for the time.

Foli, who wears a yarmulke and a long beard, pulled out his cell phone to read the time to them when one of the men punched him in the face.

'He asked me for the time, which I pulled out my cell phone, out of my pocket and told him the time.
'As I started pulling away, the other one reached in and just punched me in the face,' he told ABC 7 NY.

The 35-year-old leapt from the forklift and grabbed one of the men by the shirt as the two tried to run away.

Foli was unable to grab the man that threw the punch, but was able to keep the other man with him until police arrived.

The victim's brother, Mendy Spritzer, told ABC 7 NY: 'He wanted to go, we told him we are waiting for the police and he'll tell them what happened.

'He said, "I didn't do anything wrong. Let me go. Don't hold me".'

Foli said he feels he was selected by the two men for the attack.

'They could have picked anybody. They circled around, and I think chose me personally for who I was,' he said.

Police took the young man, believed to be a teenager, into custody for questioning.

The NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating the attack as a possible 'bias crime', according to the news station.

'It was premeditated, it was planned. A Jewish guy on a high-low, let's go get him,' Foli's father Yankel Spritzer told the station.

The family has had their business in the area for 12 years and said this is the first time anything like this has happened.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3543781/Two-young-men-caught-camera-punching-Hasidic-Jewish-man-Brooklyn-street-police-investigating-hate-crime.html

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-