<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 24, 2017

Author of Fake Fabricated Hate-Spewing Anti-Frum Article Sends His Admission and Apology 

The author of this article [In Borough Park There Are Laws And Then There Are Laws] has issued an UPDATED CLARIFICATION:

Editor's Clarification: The Hamodia ad was paid for by Yeger For City Council, and not the people listed on the ad. 

Alright already, I acknowledge I may or may not have taken a few angry cheap shots at Yeshivas and Kalman Yeger. That said, I've been in the journalism game long enough to know when you go down the rabbit hole of apologizing for something you've written it only makes matters worse. So I'll own what I've written, lick my wounds and move on.

Regarding, Mr. Yeger, I personally believe it is always better to have a spirited campaign of ideas with at least two candidates, but if this is who Borough Park wants to represent them in the city council, so be it. I'll put any anger I may or may not have aside, put on my most objective hat and henceforth judge Mr. Yeger on his merits.

Regarding the comments from people who personally called me that said or insinuated I am somehow anti-Semitic and/or endorse the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, you are even more off base than any comments made about Yeshivas and the leadership of Borough Park.

I went to cheder and was bar mitzvah at Skokie Central Traditional Congregagtion, an orthodox shul, which is still going strong. In Skokie, where I spent my entire childhood into early adulthood, we were always a tight-knit Jewish community. The intent of this column, as misguided as it may or may not have been, was to stand up for the poor Jews struggling to come up with tuition money. That's a far cry from me writing or insinuating in any way that there is a grand conspiracy of my people, whom I love and support, to own the world. If these comments didn't hurt so much they would be laughable. 

Stephen Witt



Hat Tip to Israel Reader

Comments:
Skokie central traditional was never Orthodox but Traditional, meaning mixed seating. At some times it did have also a mechitza minyan. But then the traditional synagogue through out the mechitza minyan. Recently, after the building was sold to a Montessori school, the synagogue did in fact become Orthodox, but they are hardly strong, getting perhaps 12 men on shabbos morning.

 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-