Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Shocking moment traffic warden sparks mass street brawl with Orthodox Jews after he ‘ran a man over with his scooter’ 

The men dragged the warden to the ground as they tried to arrest him This is the moment a traffic warden was bundled to the ground in an apparent 'citizen's arrest'

The unnamed traffic officer used his helmet as a weapon when he flew into a furious rage during a row with local businessmen.

Witnesses watched in horror as a man was thrown into the air as the warden ran him over on his motorcycle.

"He revved up his bike and drove straight towards him at full speed," one onlooker exclusively told Sun Online.

"I couldn't believe what was I seeing.

"The bike went up in the air and landed on top of this man.

"Then the warden got his radio and used it to hit the man on the floor before getting his helmet and hitting bystanders left, right and centre."

Eventually the parking warden, who was wearing an official blue tabbard and white helmet, was bundled to the ground as the large group attempted to restrain him until police arrived.

The extraordinary scenes were captured on camera during the clash on Leaside Road, Hackney yesterday lunchtime.

Four men, aged in their 20s and 30s, suffered minor injuries during the row - including one who was knocked down left feeling "shocked and shaken".

The row was sparked when a group of local businessmen told the warden they would be reporting him to Hackney Council for harassment.

He later supposedly shouted: "I don't need my friends I can do it myself. Are you scared?"

A member of the Orthodox Jewish community told The Sun Online: "It was like something out of a movie. The warden literally lost the plot."

He also claimed that his foot was run over by the same warden on October 6, which he had reported.

Witnesses told the Evening Standard the warden was defending himself after being surrounded by the ten-strong group of Jewish men after they blocked his motorcycle into a parking space.

He apparently made a desperate call for help on his radio, onlookers alleged.

Scotland Yard said officers were called to the incident at 1.50pm, following reports of an altercation.

A 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and bailed until February.

Hackney Council have been approached for comment.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Chaptzem! Blog