Thursday, April 13, 2017

One person injured in Passover fire at Brooklyn synagogue 

Firefighters had the blaze under control by 3 a.m.

One person was injured after flames tore through the roof of a south Brooklyn synagogue early Thursday, as Jews across the city capped off the second day of Passover, officials said.

Firefighters responded to a fire at the Kneses Israel on Nautilus Avenue in Sea Gate shortly after midnight. The blaze was under control by 3 a.m., officials said.

One person suffered minor injuries, according to authorities.

Members of the local Hasidic community gathered outside as news of the fire spread.

Video posted to social media showed flames and thick plumes of smoke spewing out the top of the two and a half story synagogue.

It was not immediately clear what sparked the blaze.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Chaptzem! Blog