<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Matisyahu reaches 'Youth'

IT's a name that has risen to prominence in reggae over the past few months and it seems there is no escaping it.

The name alone is enough to attract attention, but his appearance also has many intrigued.

Instead of 'flossing' large gold chains and flaunting half-naked women in his videos, Matisyahu - a Hasidic reggae singer - sports a wide-brimmed felt hat and traditional Jewish garb.

Not quite what one would expect from a reggae artiste.

Matisyahu, 26, recently released the album Youth, which sold more than 119, 000 copies in its first week and peaked number four on the U.S. Billboard charts.

"It feels good ... I don't really know what to say. As far as the numbers go, I don't really know what that means, it's just a number. What really means a lot is when I receive a card from someone saying I changed their life and helped them through hard times," Matisyahu told The Sunday Gleaner.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20060402/ent/ent2.html

Comments:
I am a big fan of Matisyahu and I think that his music is downright uplifting!
May help some Willi/Monroe bums!

 

I love the voice and the style but is it just me or do most of his songs sound the same??

 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-