<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 22, 2023

This Hasidic music maker is making history 

Inline image

Moshe Reuven has 1.9 million Instagram followers, became the fourth Hasidic artist to sign with a major record label, and had a standout collaboration with Julian Marley.

Now an ordained rabbi, Reuven wasn't observant and didn't keep kosher as a teen. But a pivotal moment in high school dramatically changed the course of his life.

He'd attended several parties where drinking and smoking were common. He believes that as a prank or by accident, someone spiked his drink with a large amount of promethazine or codeine.

"I tasted my drink, and immediately knew something was wrong," Reuven said. "I couldn't move normally and laid down on the ground. I felt like I might pass away. I thought God was showing me something…some ultimatum that I had to live a meaningful life or else it would be wasted."

This incident ignited a quest for meaning and sowed the seeds of his curiosity in Judaism. "I started to question why I was here. There was an awakening," he said.

https://jewishunpacked.com/this-hasidic-music-maker-is-making-history/

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-